Monday 17 October 2011

How Applicable is "Kiss it Better"?

Legend is very ill today.  He has been running a fever all day, has a runny nose, head ache, and sore throat. He has reached the age where his complaints make it into words so I know what is bothering him. This is much better than him crying and me having to try to figure out what is wrong through trial and error, but sometimes, even though I know what hurts, I still can't do anything about it.

Legend opens his mouth wide and points inside - "Ow. It hurts."
Me - "Aw, does your throat hurt, baby? Take a drink of water."
Legend takes a sip, but puts the cup down immediately.

Legend - "No water. Ouch. It hurts." He points into his open mouth again.
Me - "Aw, I am sorry, honey. The water will help. Have a drink."

Legend pushes the cup away - "Don't want it. It hurts. Kiss it better?"

He opens his mouth as wide as he can and moves his face toward mine, trying to give me a clear shot to kiss his throat better.

No comments:

Post a Comment