Monday 31 October 2011

Costumes

Legend is very excited to see mommy's cat face and ears, and to put on his dinosaur costume.

Legend - "Tail! Teeth! RAWR!"

Later, Kayla comes to the door. She looks very pretty in her traditional Indian clothes. I bring out Legend's old dog costume I found in the closet the night before.

Me - "Legend, you were a dog last year. Look at your old costume." Oops.
Legend freaks out. He wants to be a dog instead.

Legend - "No 'saur! Dog! Woof! Dog! No 'saur!" He starts stripping, but the costume gets stuck on his feet. He tries to run away from the costume, but does a face plant in the hallway.
After those owies are kissed, he still wants to be a dog.

Me - "Legend, the dog is too small."
Legend - "I want dog!" He whines, nearly tantrums.
Me, shrug - "Okay, I guess we can try it on you."

I put the dog on him, but can't get the hood on.
Legend - "Ouch. Off. Off."
So we take the dog off.
Legend - "Dog! I want dog! On!"
Sigh
Me - "Legend, the dog is yucky, dirty, yucky." I lie.
Legend - "Yucky? Yucky! No dog!"

Me - "Want to be a dinosaur?"
Legend - "Yay! 'Saur!"


We finally get to the play group Halloween party, a little late now. Cash is already there with his mommy. Cash and Legend take one look at each other and immediately want the other's costume.
So, the mommies facilitate a trade.

There are also spare costumes at the party.
By the end of the party, Legend has been a dinosaur, a dog, a pirate, a turtle, and a lion, and I have been a very busy mommy-cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment