Thursday 13 October 2011

Doctors

Legend comes upon a toy stethoscope at play group today. He puts the ear pieces around his neck and puts the end on my chest, and pretends to listen.

Me - "Thump thump. Thump thump. Can you hear my heart?"
Legend nods, very serious - "Uh-hun."

Then he puts the end of the stethoscope on my ear, then my other ear. Then he sticks out his tongue and says, "ahhh," so I do the same.

Legend tries to hide his smiles; he is a serious doctor.

Then he puts the end of the stethoscope on my forehead. Then on my cheeks and chin. He nods, satisfied, and hands the stethoscope to Cash.

Cash does the same routine as Legend. My heart, and all parts of my face get checked out.
Me - "Your are checking out my face a lot; do I have a skin condition?"
Cash - "Auntie's sick."
Me - "Oh no! Can I have some medicine please?"
Cash hands me a little cup from the kitchen toys.
I pretend to drink - "All better."
Cash - "No all better."

Cash bends down and puts the end of the stethoscope on my feet.
Cash - "Auntie's feet are sick."
Me - "Oh no! Can I have some medicine please?"
Cash nods and grabs the cup again.

He puts the cup on my foot so that my toes are inside the cup. He does the same to the other foot.
Cash, very seriously - "Auntie all better now."

Good thing I had two very professional doctors to fix my sick feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment