Wednesday 4 January 2012

A Wave of Jealousy

Kayla had been away for almost two weeks, until this morning...

Me - "Legend! Kayla is here!"
Legend's face lights up and he runs for the door - "Open! Open door! Kayla's home! Kayla!"

I open the door to find Kayla ambling up. She looks up, surprised, and then smiles and quickens her pace.

Legend - "No! No Kayla! My Mommy!" And he slams the door, all to my great surprise.
He then puts all his weight on the door so I can't open it and proceeds to have a full-out tantrum when I remove him from the doorway and open the door.

"No Kayla. Mine! My Legend's mommy!"

At least I know I am loved... or maybe just claimed.

Luckily, within a few minutes, he remembers how much he loves Kayla. They hug and kiss periodically throughout the day and play very happily together, clearly glad to be in each other's company again. 
It was a fleeting moment of jealousy, thank goodness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment