Tuesday 17 January 2012

Coffee

I sit down on the couch with a lukewarm cup of coffee I haven't yet gotten a chance to finish.
Legend sits down beside me and peers into my cup.

Legend - "Mommy's coffee?"
Me - "Yes, my coffee."
Legend - "Hot? Hot? Careful Mommy."
Me - "It's not too hot."
Legend - "I wanna blow on it?"
Me - "Okay."  He does.
Legend - "There. That's better, Mommy."
Me - "Thank you."
Legend pushes the cup towards my mouth. "Drink it Mommy. Drink coffee."

I am a little tired of this nearly daily obsession with my coffee, considering I usually haven't yet gotten the caffeine into my system when the charade begins. Maybe if he knows it is actually awful stuff, he will stop worrying about it, I think.

Me - "Want a sip, Legend?"
Legend nods excitedly. Finally he gets to taste the forbidden "Mommy's" drink! He takes a small sip.

He smacks his lips then frowns and backs away.
"Mommy. Coffee DIRTY!"

Good. That worked...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment