Sunday 29 January 2012

Patty Cake

Legend is refusing to get out of the tub after his bath.  I sing Patty Cake with him and at the part where you exclaim "For Legend and Me!!!" I pull my dripping boy up into my arms without a fight.

He then insists that we must continue singing Patty Cake until morning. After about six rounds, I call for reinforcements so I can actually get my naked man into a diaper and pajamas.

Me - "Daddy! Come sing Patty Cake with Legend!"
I work around my boys while they sing and laugh.

Legend holds his hands out so daddy can clap them in time with the song.
Daddy - "Patty cake. Patty cake. Baker man."
Legend gets his little fists pumping - "Roooollllllll!!!!!"
Daddy - "Ok, Roll it. Pat it."
Legend - "RRRROOOOOOLLLLLL it!"
Daddy - "Ok, rrroollll it! Pat it."
Legend points his finger and strikes at the air - "L"
Daddy - "Mark it with an L. Put it in the oven..."
Legend - "Rrrrooolllll it!"
Daddy - "Ok, we're rolling it again."
Legend - "Patty cake patty cake."
Daddy, to the tune of the song - "We have to make a new cake 'cause we messed up the last one. Roll it!"
Legend - "L!"
Daddy - "Put it in the oven for Legend and me!"
Legend - "L!"
Daddy - "It's already in the oven! It's too late!"
Me - "Okay boys, time for a story. Legend. Go pick a book."

Legend hops up and ambushes his father - "For Daddy and MEEEE!"
Then he takes off down the hall and starts to make his way down the stairs, towards the kitchen I presume.

Legend - "Cake! I want a snack! I want CAKE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment