Friday 6 January 2012

Vacuuming

I am giving the floor a quick vacuum before my tots come for the day, and Legend grabs his play shop-vac that is attached to the side of his work bench. He starts yelling and pulling at it because it neither will detach from bench, nor will it turn on and make loud noises like mommy's.

I turn my vacuum off and attempt to soothe Legend; he is actually really ticked off at the thing. He runs over to my vacuum and looks up at me hopefully.

"Legend's turn?"
Me - "Okay, but go down the hallway where I haven't vacuumed yet." I point him in the right direction.

He turns the vacuum on with the little button on top, takes about three steps, then turns it off again and drops it on the floor.
"Mommy's turn."

I guess he suddenly realized that household chores are not as thrilling as they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment