Saturday 28 January 2012

Fruit

I bought a whole bunch of beautiful, organic fruit. It filled two big bowls, one of which I put in the centre of the table. It made me really excited to have so much amazing fruit. I may be slightly easy to please.


It is almost time for lunch.
Me - "Who wants to be first to wash their hands?!"
Kayla runs down the hall to the bathroom excitedly - "My turn!"
She stands on the stool and washes her hands in the sink to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle.

When we're done, I poke my head out to call to Legend.
Me - "Legend! Come wash your..."
Then I see that he has gotten started on lunch without me.

He is standing on a kitchen chair with the bowl of fruit pulled right in front of him. He is mowing down on an apple, presently biting dangerously close to the sticker, with a mangled orange beside him, a failed attempt at peeling.

I guess he was just as excited about the beautiful fruit as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment