Monday 9 January 2012

Persistence

Legend is insistent that we should go outside, even though it is very early and not even light out yet.  He goes to the mudroom, pulls his boots off the shoe rack and yanks his coat down off the hook.

Me - "Legend, we can't go outside yet. It is too dark and cold. We will go out later when Kayla gets here."
Legend - "I want shoes on. I want outside! Jacket. Out door, slide. Out door. I want now."

He sits and struggles to put his boots on, but can't quite manage it today. He continuously yells in frustration and complaint. I explain again that we can't go out yet and he complains then tries the boots again.

I make coffee.

Legend waddles into the kitchen carrying his boots, one in each hand, and with one leg in each arm of his jacket.

Legend - "Jacket on! Outside now?"

He is persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment