Saturday 7 January 2012

Wake Up Call

Legend awakes at the ungodly hour of 5:45am this morning, and because it is a Saturday I allow myself to pop in Land Before Time and half-sleep on the couch while Legend is engrossed in his movie and breakfast. It is Cody's day to sleep in, and in my opinion he really needs the sleep.

I wake as the movie ends and Legend starts yelling about trains and dinosaurs and playing with his train table. I stumble to the bathroom.

When I emerge maybe 2 minutes later, Legend is nowhere to be found. He sometimes plays a hiding game, but if I call for him he always calls back, "I'm hiding!"

Me - "Legend! Where are you?"
Not in the kitchen or hall...

Me - "Legend?"
Not in the living room or on the stairs...

I check his room. He often runs up there and sits in the dark on his couch until he is found. He thinks it is  hilarious.

I turn to see light coming from under my closed bedroom door. I open the door to find Legend jumping on a very disgruntled looking Daddy.

In the two minutes I had been in the bathroom, Legend had run upstairs, burst into his Daddy's room, flicked on the light, slammed the door, and jumped on the bed.  Needless to say, his Daddy is not pleased.

I apologize to Cody profusely and take Legend off the bed and put him on the floor.

Legend immediately runs to his own room and starts repeatedly slamming the door against the wall, a wall that he shares with our housemate.

I don't blame him. I was pretty poor company. Now everyone in the house was awake to entertain him!

No comments:

Post a Comment