Tuesday 20 December 2011

Train Track

Legend has been asking for a train track every day for about two months.  He slips it in to casual conversation or demands one, depending on his mood. Yesterday, he mentioned wanting a train track 3 times.

He has two pieces of a wooden train toy in his hands. This train did not come with a track.
Legend - "I want to hook! Mommy! Help! I want to hook."
I hook them together.
Legend - "Mommy! I want a train track! I want a train track. Train. Hook. Track."

Later, we are colouring pictures of cars. Legend hands me a crayon and points to his paper.
"Mommy. I want a train track."
I draw a train track and and a train on it and Legend claps and yells "Choo Chooo!"
Kayla - "I want a train track too!" I draw one on hers too.
Cash - "I want a train track!"
Legend - "I want a train track more."

I am busy in the bathroom with Kayla, when I hear Legend yelling a bit frantically from the living room.
Legend - "Open! Open! OPEN!"
I find him trying unsuccessfully to open one of the presents from under the Christmas tree.
Legend - "Mommy! Help! Open! Train Track. I want it. Train track."
I'm not sure how he deduced that there was a train track in that small box. Pretty sure there are craft supplies in that one...

The awesome thing is that we bought him a wooden train table (complete with track and many trains, as well as cars, boats, and helicopters) for Christmas. This is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment