Friday 23 December 2011

Bear

For Christmas, Daddy and I got Legend a new bear to replace his old, ratty, stuffing-less mess of a bear which he has had since birth and is his favourite despite its faults.  It didn't start ratty or stuffing-less.  The new bear looks just like the old bear did when it was a new bear, just a little bigger and softer.

I hopefully present Legend with the bear.
He smiles and then scowls at it and turns his back away.
Legend - "I don't want bear. I want car!" He presses the siren button on the new car Cash gave him.

Me - "Legend, don't you like your bear?"
Legend, scowling - "That's Mommy's bear."

Daddy - "Legend, that's Legend's bear. That's Legend's bear for night-night!"

Legend turns to regard the bear. He slowly takes it from my hands, then unexpectedly clutches it to his chest.
Legend - "Sigh. Legend's night-night bear!"

He is sleeping soundly with bear in his arms as I write. The trade off appears to have worked (knock on wood).

I just wonder why he was scowling at me.  Maybe he thought I was bragging to him about my new bear?

No comments:

Post a Comment