Saturday 17 December 2011

Babysitter

My boy does not cry when I leave the room.  When he refuses to leave the park or continue on a walk, the "'Ok bye-bye!' and slowly walk away from him" trick does nothing.  He is more likely to run in the other direction than worry about me being too far away.  He usually doesn't push me out the door though.

My husband and I are all dolled up for his work Christmas party.  The babysitter is here and we are all set to go.

Me - "Okay. Give me a kiss, Legend."
Legend obliges with a big, wet pucker.

Daddy - "Hug Daddy."
Legend gives his daddy a smooch too, then squirms out of his arms.

I half-step out the door and turn to give Legend one more "Goodnight, sweetie" and find the door swinging shut in my face.  I dodge backward with just enough time to see Legend's little arm pushing the door shut and to hear the slam.

Well, I guess he likes his babysitter.  I do too.  I hope she lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment