Thursday 1 September 2011

Stethoscope

We are at the doctor's for Legend's 2 year check up and the doctor wants to listen to Legend's heart.

The doctor holds out the stethoscope to Legend - "Can I put this on your belly?"
Legend runs away and tries to open the door to leave. I pick him up.

Doctor - "You can see it first. See? Nothing to be afraid of."
Legend turns his head away and wiggles to get free.

Doctor - "Look, I will listen to mommy's heart first."
Me - "Oooh. Legend, look. Do you want to see it?"
Legend - "No. Unhun." Squirms.

I pin him against me and the doctor tries to listen to his heart while Legend whines and kicks.
Doctor - "All done. Now lets look in your ears."

Legend stops fighting, grabs the end of the stethoscope and puts it on his belly while the doctor looks in his ears without trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment