Tuesday 6 September 2011

Hot tub covers are kind of heavy

We are relaxing and playing in my parents' backyard and soaking/swimming in the hot tub. We have a great time playing with squirting turtles and being silly. Finally it is time to go in the house to get a snack and a cartoon before bedtime.

I hop out and try to put the cover back on the hot tub. I have done this before, generally no big deal. For some reason today it seems a lot heavier. So, I think I have pretty strong legs compared to my arms, so I will just get a foot under it and have my leg help heave it up. I somehow get my foot completely and painfully stuck under one fold, and get my head and body trapped between the two folds. I am unable to budge so I call for help; Cody saves me.

The boys bear witness to all of this. Legend comes up to me with a sweet little voice, pointing at my foot and looking worried. I show him where I already have a bruise.

He bends down and kisses the top of my foot.
Cash says, "I want to kiss the foot better too!" and he does the same.

Melted my heart and my foot felt a little better too, although my pride still didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment