Friday 2 September 2011

The Answer is No

The tots are watching their post-lunch/pre-nap cartoon. Today they are watching Diego, Dora's hyperactive, equally irritating cousin.

Diego asks the viewers if an umbrella will help him glide over the river.
Cash murmurs a quiet - "No."
Diego - "Will a telephone help us?"
Cash - "No."
Diego - "Will a hang glider help us?"
Cash- "No."
Diego - "That's right! A hang glider will help us!"

Then...
Diego - "Where do we go next? To the cave, to the mountain or to the river?"
Cash - "No."
Diego - "That's right!" The mountain!"

I have two thoughts:
1) I hate "interactive" TV. It is ridiculous and irritating.
2) I wonder if Cash is really trying to answer the questions, or if he is just being contrary to Diego. I am going to go with the latter.

Will we watch Diego again? I am of the same mind as Cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment