Thursday 15 September 2011

A Perfect Moment

Kayla says, "Watch me!" So, I turn to look at her and I realize she is actually talking to Cash, not me, which is a great interaction to see.

Cash stops and looks at her - "Ok Kayla."
Kayla jumps and flops onto the big bean bag chair.
Cash - "Good jump. My turn."
Kayla - "Ok Cash."
Cash jumps and they both cheer.
Kayla - "My turn!" She jumps.
Cash gets ready for his turn, but Kayla is still on the mat. He teases her - "I am going to jump! 1,2,3 Go!" But he doesn't jump on her. He smiles at her. They laugh, and she rolls out of the way for him to jump.

This little story may not be funny or seem cute to you readers, but I had to share it because I am just so proud of my tots for using their words so well and playing together, as opposed to alongside each other. My job in this moment is only to make sure they are safe; they are learning and practicing awesome social skills, including jokes, right now all on their own. LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment