Wednesday 1 February 2012

Take It!

Legend has two train toys in hand and is chasing Kayla around the house. They are very upset with each other.

Legend, intent on playing trains with Kayla, whether she likes it or not - "Take a train, Kayla! TAKE IT!"
Kayla refuses - "I don't want it! NO!"

Kayla runs down the hall away from Legend.
Legend catches up quickly and thrusts a train toy at her - "Play trains! Take it!"
Kayla screams - "NO THANK YOU!" (At least she uses polite words, but they lose value when screamed).

Kayla tries to hide in my legs, but Legend ends up chasing her around and around me.
Kayla half-screams, half-cries - "I don't want it! Legend! No!"
Me, getting eye-level with my persistent boy - "Legend, she said no thank you."

Legend tosses both trains on the floor and bursts into disappointed tears, dramatically collapsing on the couch to bawl loudly. After a few moments, Legend calms down.

Then Kayla picks up the trains and hands them both to Legend.

Legend runs to me excitedly - "Kayla share! My turn trains now!"

Apparently the memory of a 2 year old resembles that of a goldfish: short and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment