Friday 24 February 2012

A Tearful Departure

The babysitter is here for the evening and Cody and I are headed out for a few hours. Legend is quite sleepy this evening and is lounging on the couch. I go give him a kiss then head out the door.

Cody and I walk out the door and, just as I start to close it, Legend screams and runs down the hallway toward me. 

I think, for a moment, that he is sad to see me leave and prepare for a difficult departure. 

Instead, he pulls the door out of my hands so that he can be the one to close it.

He yells - "Bye bye!" And happily pushes the door closed.

I should have known; closing the door is kind of his thing. He always insists on doing it when people leave. And, really, he very rarely makes a fuss about me leaving. It would be nice once in a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment