Monday 27 February 2012

Cash Returns

Cash had been away on vacation with his Mommy for two whole months and finally returned to us this morning. The greeting at the door was full of excitement and smiles but no hugs, to my disappointment. For some reason, Cash never hugs me when his mom is there.

After about an hour of happy play time, Cash lunges at Legend almost knocking him over. He hugs Legend around the waist, to Legend's delight and surprise.
Cash - "I missed you too, Legend. I missed you too."

A few minutes later, I have a moment wish Cash after helping him wash his hands.
Me, not allowing myself to hope for too much affection in return - "I really missed you, Cash. I am so glad you are back."
Cash looks up into my eyes and just beams. Then he gives me the biggest hug he ever has and my heart nearly explodes from happiness.

Two months is a long time. I am so happy to have him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment