Tuesday 21 February 2012

Pink Dragon's Surgery

Legend's pink dragon had a tear along the seam on its back and was losing stuffing.

Legend brings his precious dragon to me with fluff in his outstretched hand.
Legend, concerned - "Pink dragon broken. Fix it, mommy?"

So I get out a needle and thread and set to work.
Legend sits beside me at the table, holding his dragon's hand and making soothing noises.

Me - "Does that hurt dragon? Are you okay?"
Legend - "It's okay, dragon." He strokes his dragon's head and kisses his hand.

It takes me a while to sew it up because I am mostly inept at this. I can do a button or a rip on a seam, but that is about it. Legend never leaves his dragon's side.

When I am finished, I gingerly stand the dragon up.
Me - "Look, Legend! He's fixed. All better!"

Legend takes one look at his dragon, fixed after months of being ripped, and completely freaks out.
He throws the dragon on the floor and bawls.
"No dragon! No fix it!"

Well, I am at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment