Saturday 12 November 2011

The end

I am trying, mostly unsuccessfully, to read my text book for Business Management class.

Legend pushes a toy into my hands - "Play."
Me - "I need to read now, honey."

He wanders off to play for a little while.

Legend appears by my side again and points to my book.
Legend - "Story?"
Me - "Not a very interesting story."
Legend - "Another book?" He fetches his sing-along book, climbs onto the couch beside me and puts the book over mine.

Me - "I have to read this book right now. Why don't you look at your book beside me."
Legend nods- "Uh-hun. Book."

He looks at his book for a few moments.
Legend - "Look! A dog." He pulls on my sleeve.
Me - "Yes, a dog. I am reading about environmental contingencies."

Legend hops off the couch and tosses his book on the floor - "No story."
He toddles off to play with a toy train.

A few moments later, he pulls my book out of my hands and slams it shut.
"The END!"

I guess I can catch up on my school reading later.

1 comment: