Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sharing

Legend chases Cash, screaming - "My car! My car! My red car!"
Me - "Legend, try asking really nicely for a turn."
Legend stops - "Please I can have car please Cash."
Cash - "Not right now, Legend."
Me - "Cash, you have had a very long turn with the car. Don't you think it would be nice to give Legend a turn too?"
Cash - "Okay Legend, you can have a turn with my red car. But, first I just have to check something."
Legend immediately stops crying.

Cash slowly turns the car over in his hands, spins the wheels, opens and closes the doors and trunk. He takes his time inspecting the toy. Legend waits patiently.

Cash - "Okay Legend. My red car is safe for you now. You can play with it; it is safe now. But, you can only play with it for a minute. I have to put it back in my back pack to take to my home with all my toys there. Don't break it. Be gentle. And don't hide toys, Legend. Okay, Legend. you can have it now. But first I have to see something..."

He turns the car over in his hands again, double checking its safety. Legend still waits patiently.

Cash finally relinquishes the toy car to Legend.
Legend - "Thank you, Cash!"
Me - "Good sharing, Cash. High five!"


No comments:

Post a Comment