Thursday 5 July 2012

Parenting is Awesome

Legend and I are walking home from a mom and son date to the ice cream store.
Legend is very chatty, perhaps due to the high intake of sugar.

Legend - "Mommy, I am so happy."
Me - "I am glad, sweetie."
Legend - ""You happy, Mommy?"
Me - "Yes, very happy."

Legend - "I love you soooo much."
Me - "I love you too."

Legend - "Look at those flowers!"
Me - "Yes, very pretty."
Legend - "Wait. Gotta smell 'em."
He smells each one in the pot outside a hotel, then kisses his favourites.
Legend - "I give kisses."
Me - "Do flowers like kisses?"
Legend - "Yeah. Flowers like kisses, like a princess. Very beautiful."

Legend - "Wait. Look. A spider web!"
Me - "Cool. Look at all the bugs on it."
Legend - "Kiss it?"
Me - "No. Yucky."
Legend - "Okay, wait. I just wanna..."
He bends down and picks up a tiny twig and throws it on the web."
We cheer when it stays stuck on the web.

Legend - "Mommy. Up please."
Me - "I can't really carry you... do you just want a big hug?"
Legend - "Yeah. A hug."
I walk very slowly as we hug. He rubs my back and whisper tot sweet nothings.
Legend - "I am so proud of you, Mommy."


No comments:

Post a Comment