Thursday 31 May 2012

Princess

Kayla - "Cash! Come here! I'm a princess!"
Cash runs to Kayla's side.
Kayla - "Legend! Come here! I'm a princess!"
Legend zooms by his friends on his ride-on car on his way "to work."

As Legend approaches, Cash leaps in front of Kayla, arms stretched protectively around her.
Cash - "Legend! You can't touch my princess!"

...


On our travels outside, we come across a ladybug.
I pick up the ladybug and show the kids, Cash and Legend each taking turns to feel it tickle up their arms, while I talk about what ladybugs eat, how many legs they have, and so forth.

I notice that Kayla is remaining a couple steps back from me and my bug.
Me - "Kayla, don't worry. Ladybugs are very safe. It won't bite. Ladybugs are nice. Look how cute it is."
I try to get a little closer to her to give her a better look, hoping that will ease her irrational fear.

Just as I stretch out my arm a little towards Kayla, the ladybug walks to the end of my finger and drops off the cliff.

Kayla screams in absolute terror.

Yep, you're a princess all right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment